New Resident Resources
Welcome to the City of Overbrook, Kansas. Life here is enhanced by the preservation of our local history and the enjoyment of today. Our community combines agriculture, industry, history, civic activities, recreation and countless other events for a wholesome and fulfilled lifestyle, making it an ideal place to raise a family and grow your business.
The following information should help ease the transition of moving into the area for new residents.
Utilities through the City of Overbrook
The City of Overbrook provides water, sewer, trash and curbside recycling to those who live within City Limits. Trash and Recycling is through Osage Waste but billed for and set up by the City. If you need to set up service contact City Hall and we'll get you the one page form you'll need to fill out. There is a non-refundable $25.00 service connection fee. You can either pay this when you turn in your paperwork or have it added to your first bill. We aim to mail the utility bills out by the last day of each month. The bills are due on the 20th of each month. If a bill is not paid by the end of the day on the 20th it'll be subject to a 10% late charge. If you do not pay by the 5th of the following month, water services to consumer will be disconnected. If you receive 3 shutoff notices within a calendar year, you will be charged a refundable $120.00 deposit. This deposit will be charged in 3 installments of $40.00 over the next 3 months. If you have any questions about billing feel free to contact us at City Hall (785) 665-7328.
City Tree Dump
Due to people dumping trash and other restricted items at the tree dump, you now must pick up a key at City Hall for access. The Tree Dump is for tree branches/limbs/leaves only. No other dumping allowed. When dumping leaves, please do not leave them in plastic bags. No commercial dumping.
Electric Service (Provided by Evergy)
Sanitation & Recycling
Kansas Gas Service - Gas Company
- Natural Gas Pipeline Safety
Osage Waste Disposal
- We will bill for trash as part of the city bill. Our regular city wide pickup is Friday.
The Osage county Herald-Chronicle - Newspaper
- (785)528-3511 or toll free (800)985-3511
- Fax (785)528-4811
Osage County General Public Transportation: Fare-Based Service
State-by-State Voting Guide
Neighborhood Revitalization Plan
The primary intent of the Kansas Neighborhood Revitalization Act is to provide communities with a long-term increase and stabilization in their property tax base by encouraging the rehabilitation or new construction which may not otherwise have occurred.
You can find more information in the documents below.
FAIR HOUSING HOTLINE
Housing Discrimination Hotline: 1-800-669-9777
Kansas Human Rights Commission: 913-296-3206
2023 Fair Housing Activity
- Resident Resources
- Neighborhood Revitalization Plan Osage County, KS
- Welcome to Overbrook! New Resident Resources
- Overbrook Resident Guide Pamphlet
- Osage County Public Transportation Fare-Based Service
- Osage County Emergency Alerts
- Osage County Burn Permit Information
- Santa Fe Trl USD 434
- Reflective Adress Marker Order Form
- Kansas Gas Service
- Emergency Supply List
- Lead in drinking water pamphlet
- Poison Control - How Can They Help You?
- Domestic Violence Awareness
- SOS Who we are and what we do
- SOS Hotline
- Pet Emergency Plan
- Recycling Plastic Information
- Kid's Booster Seat
- Parent's guide to online safety
- Parents Guide to Teen Parties
- ECKAN Head Start
- Head Start
- Becoming a Foster Parent
- Speak Up For A Child - CASA
- Make a Smart Childcare Choice
- Child Care Help
- PS-MAPP in Kansas
- National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) Community Rating System
- How the NFIP Works
- Answers to Questions About the NFIP
- Myths and Facts about the NFIP
- The Benefits to Flood Insurance vs. Disaster Insurance
- Preferred Risk Policy for Homeowners and Renters
- Homeowners Guide to Retrofitting
- Every Business Should Have A Plan
- Is Your Ride Street Legal?
- Natural Gas Safety
- Electrical Safety for First Responders
- Power Line Safety
- Pipeline Emergency Response Guidelines
- Protect Your Family From Lead in Your Home
- Prepararse tiene sentido. Este listo ahora.
- Un mensaje sobre La Seguridad Del Gas Natural
- Preparing Makes Sense For Older Americans
- Prepare for Emergencies Now - Information for People with Disabilities
- Help Stop the Zebra Muscle
- Fish Identification Guide
- Data Breaches - What to Know, What to Do.
- Identity Theft - What to know, What to do.
- Kwikom Communications
- Phone Scams
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?
You can subscribe by locating the subscribe button found on each page, or subscribe by clicking here.
Where do I go to vote?
All elections are conducted by Osage County, Kansas. If you have any questions contact the county elections official, Rhonda Beets at 785-828-4812.