New Resident Resources

Welcome to the City of Overbrook, Kansas.  Life here is enhanced by the preservation of our local history and the enjoyment of today.  Our community combines agriculture, industry, history, civic activities, recreation and countless other events for a wholesome and fulfilled lifestyle, making it an ideal place to raise a family and grow your business.

The following information should help ease the transition of moving into the area for new residents.


Electric Service (Provided by Evergy)

Sanitation & Recycling

Water Utilities

Kansas Gas Service - Gas Company

Osage Waste Disposal

  • (785)836-9392
  • We will bill for trash as part of the city bill. Our regular city wide pickup is Friday.

ADT Security

The Osage county Herald-Chronicle - Newspaper

  • (785)528-3511 or toll free (800)985-3511
  • Fax (785)528-4811

Local Schools

Internet Providers

Osage County General Public Transportation: Fare-Based Service

State-by-State Voting Guide



Relevant Documents

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

You can subscribe by locating the subscribe button found on each page, or subscribe by clicking here.

Where do I go to vote?

All elections are conducted by Osage County, Kansas. If you have any questions contact the county elections official, Rhonda Beets at 785-828-4812.